Level-Up 30-Day Lash Challenge
Level Up your volume lash game with weekly tasks & prizes while we wait for the green light to take clients again!
There will be four different tasks for each week from April through May. Each week will have a different task that will train your mind-to-muscle connection when perfecting placement, micro-movements, and basic styling. We recommend everyone to repeat the same movements every day, week by week. Not only will this challenge correct any bad habits, but the repetitive movements will form proper muscle memory!
Whether it takes you 5 minutes or 2 hours daily to complete a task, you are still training that mind-to-muscle connection. If you find yourself finishing it quickly, do it again 5 more times! Repetition is KEY, no matter what level you stand.
Practice, Practice, Practice
Take your time and practice getting the clearest, sharpest photos you can of these lashes. This will help you gain perspective and ideas when you are taking photos of your lash clients in real life. Save your best picture for each due date.
You will need the following:
- Your favourite volume and isolation tweezers
- Your proffered lashes (any lash from from volume 0.07- 0.03 to mega if you dare)
- 4 x makeup sponges
- Basic 1-layer false lash strips
- Fast-drying glue
- An open mind!
How to Enter
To enter the LBLA Level Up Instagram Challenge, entrant must post each task to Instagram by the deadline listed below and tag @lashboxla_australia with the hashtag #lblalevelupAU. Each participant will receive an exclusive discount to use at lashboxla.com.au!
The Challenge will begin Monday April 20th, 2020 and ends on Sunday May 17th, 2020.
Weekly entries must be posted by 10PM AEST:
- Challenge 1 - Sunday, April 26th
- Challenge 2 - Sunday, May 3rd
- Challenge 3 - Sunday, May 10th
- Challenge 4 - Sunday, May 17th
New challenges will be posted each Monday.
Your Instagram page must be public for us to see your entry. Please post the sharpest photos for each task!
All levels of volume lashing are welcome to enter the Challenge. We want you to participate every week and encourage everyone to finish the entire 4 weeks. All entries must be their own work and not previously published.
Week 1 - Practice Run - CHALLENGE COMPLETE!
What you will need: a few sponges, your favourite volume tweezer, adhesive, volume/mega volume lashes.
- Apply 4 rows of 13 symmetrical/ balanced fans in a perfect line with even spacing on a sponge – for a total of 52 fans! (See the photo for an example!) Volume fans must be symmetric and Mega fans must be balanced.
- Your sponge must showcase proper fans, direction, placement, glue control, and uniformity!
- Repeat this task everyday this week on a new sponge or as many times as it will take you to perfect Task 1.
- Turn in a clear close-up photo submission of your BEST volume placement sponge.
- Cut a new circle sponge in half (or use any flat sponge you have). Attach 15 classic or 0.07 volume lashes along the edge of your sponge as seen in the example photo. Try to space them evenly, and with a minimal amount of adhesive. These will be our “natural lash” base! Or, if you have practice strip lashes, place them along the edge of a sponge to begin.
- Create and apply volume fans to the lashes, aiming for perfect distance, 0.05 to 1mm away from the “lid” (this is the edge of your sponge), making sure the base is properly attached. See photos for the perfect example.
- You will need to hold the lash fan in place a little longer than usual because you are applying them to another non-porous extension. (Adhesives are meant to bond instantly to something more porous, just like our natural lashes.)
- BONUS POINTS practice wrapping in this task! Since the adhesive won’t cure as quickly as applying to natural lashes, you have the time to work on getting this right!
- Try to create a very even top-line along the tips of your lash fans. This exercise will help you gain the control you need to place lashes EXACTLY where you want them on naturals when the time comes, ensuring your lash sets come out looking neater than ever.
- Repeat this challenge every day throughout this week. Then, post your best section of sponge art - Perfect Placement Addition - on Instagram feed post & tag @lashboxla_australia using the unique hashtag #lblalevelupau !
- We are so excited for you & can't wait to see what you can produce & at the end of this weeks challenge we will be issuing unique discount code to each entry to be used for future online store purchases.
Post your photo on Instagram by 10:00pm AEST on Sunday, April 26th and be sure to tag @lashboxla_australia with the hashtag #lblalevelupAU.